Did you know that we are constantly using different types of services in our everyday lives? Examples include transportation via taxis or Uber, telecommunication through the Internet or phone calls, and food service from restaurants. Even something as seemingly simple as checking your email is a form of IT service.
First things first, a service is a means of delivering value to customers and facilitating the desired result without the need for them to bear the associated costs and risks.
An IT service is focused on the consumption and delivery of information technology. A very simple example of this is email.
IT services provide the necessary people, processes, and technology that an organization requires to achieve its strategic vision by ensuring business continuity and enabling the organization's competitiveness.
An organization can use different options to help it provide its IT services either:
- Internally (insourcing).
- Hiring a specialized provider to do it for them (outsourcing).
- Approach it in a hybrid or shared way.
What does an IT service provider do?
It helps your clients to focus on their business strategy, as we said, without the need for them to assume the associated costs and risks.
Some examples of more common IT Services are:
- Identity and Access
- Business Application Support
What is IT field support?
Field support is the attention of technical support services to incidents and IT requirements on user demand. The services attended are those that cannot be solved remotely and that require attention on site.
IT field support is focused on those companies that have branches in different strategic points of the Mexican Republic.
The main sectors that use support are financial and services, such as banks, savings banks, self-service stores, or service modules in shopping centers.
For this scheme to work, the definition of an SLA is important. This type of model gives the client peace of mind since the service is covered in a defined period of time according to the priority of the incident and/or requirement.
The personnel who perform the service must have everything necessary for their attention: car, tools, means of communication, and, above all, focus on compliance with the SLA.
IT field support allows us to expand our presence in most of the states of the Republic.
The benefits that the client obtains when implementing this scheme are:
- Give support to its users who are located in distant places and that due to the demand, both of these and of incidents, it is not justified to assign a person from on-site systems.
- It improves the level of attention, especially in the time of solution.
- It reduces per diem costs by not having to displace personnel. They generally do it from corporate.
- The staff focuses on strategic projects of the company.
To ensure that users have the same standard of care, a model is defined according to their needs, fulfilling the following:
- Have a Service Desk responsible for receiving incidents/requests. This can act as a dispatch or solver.
- The Service Desk, if it is responsible for solving, tries to do so; if not, escalate the ticket to field staff.
- Once the incident is assigned, the field engineer must resolve it according to the established SLA.
- The Service Desk is responsible for following up on the ticket until a successful closing.
It is joint work with the client so that he is the one who transmits the culture of the use of the service model and the responsibility of those who execute it. That is why you always have to provide the expected level.